|The following are guidelines to make your visit here more enjoyable.|
- The 3 photographer options are Points and Critiques, Critiques
Only, and Points and Comments. There is no preferred option. All
options are valid and the choice you make depends upon what you would
like to get out of this site. You should never have to justify your
choice. You may also change your option at any time.
- If you have chosen either the Points and Critiques Option or
the Critiques Only option, please know that you may receive detailed
and analytical critiques. These critiques should always be presented in
a courteous and respectful manner. If you are not interested in this
type of analysis of your photos, you should choose the Points and
- If a photographer has chosen the Critiques option, it means
that he/she would like more than just a rating. Anything you can say to
elaborate on why you gave a certain rating will be most appreciated.
- Since the majority of people on this site understand the
English language, it may reach more people if you write your critique
in English. However, if you are not comfortable with communicating in
English, you are more than welcome and encouraged to write your
critique in a language more comfortable for you. There are free
translator programs available on the internet to help people translate
your critiques. A critique written in a language other than English
will always be preferred over no critique at all and may even be
preferred by some.
- The best way to get feedback on your work is to thoughtfully
critique the work of others. There is no need to ask others to see your
work when you write your critiques. Some may be offended by this
request and it's unnecessary because people will naturally click on
your name to see your work once they read your critique.
- You are welcome to point out any flaw you feel a photo
may have, but please remain courteous and respectful as you convey your
thoughts. Advice on how to improve the photo is highly recommended.
Your knowledge can help more than just the photographer of a particular
photo, but can also help others who read your critiques.
- If another member leaves a rating without a comment or a
critique that you don't understand you may respond to them on the photo
page. Again, please remain courteous and respectful.
- Please try to clear up any misunderstandings as privately as
possible, either by private email or in the reply to comments area of
- The forums should be used to communicate about any subject
that is appropriate for group discussion. The forums are not to be used
to air concerns that are best kept between individuals nor are they a
venue for personal attacks on other members, either on an individual or
on a group of individuals.
Neither are the forums to be used to
discuss personal preference choices (i.e. CO, Points/Comments, Point/
Critiques, ICP) in a way that could give rise to the idea that one
choice is superior to another choice.
- The forums are not the place to attack other web sites. If you
have a problem with another site, please take it up with the
administration of that site.
- Because we try to preserve anonymity in the first 24 hours of
submissions we suggest leaving your name or initials off your photos.